Training our dogs daily is often overlooked and yet it is one of the best ways to help ensure our Pal is happy, stress free and confident. And whilst a well trained dog doesn’t always equate to a balanced dog, having a basic level of obedience will help greatly if behavioural issues were to occur in the future.
Training your dog helps to:
- Understand their role in your family
- Increase their confidence
- Reduce stress
- Strengthen the bond between dog and owner
- Create engagement – CRUCIAL for all aspects of being a dog owner
- Provide mental stimulation
- Have fun!!
I can help with:
- Leave it
- Heel and loose lead walking
- Further guidance “proofing” these instructions asking for a “down” at a distance
From time to time our dog might start to display behaviours that confuse or worry us. Behaviours that may appear to have come from no where or very clearly be the aftermath of an event such as an altercation with another dog.
I can help with:
- Increased reactivity towards other dogs such as barking or lunging
- Fear of strangers
- Toilet problems in the home such as marking
- Guarding objects such as toys or food bowl
- Noise phobias such as fireworks
- Not coming back when called
- Separation anxiety
To book either one of these services please contact me directly for further details.
Disclaimer* It’s important to remember that training is never an overnight fix and every member of the household needs to be consistent. It’s a multitude of steps, one after the after and often for an ongoing period of time.
Our understanding of Canine Science and Psychology continues to evolve and I take a modern day approach to Dog Training and Behaviour, striving to help you to better understand the mind of your own dog and work on the underlying root cause of an issue. I am fully insured and graduated from Writtle College with a Level 2 Canine Care, Training and Management. I continue to educate myself and am currently undertaking a Level 4 Accredited Advanced Canine Behaviour Diploma with The British College of Canine Studies and am a member of the Obsidian K9 Academy.